Lows To High- Hazels Story Continued- Part Two- A Past Life



#140YearsPass-
      I could never forget the look in the boy’s eyes as I chose on the night a life of eternity, but it was my choice in the end. Every night I could see his eyes when I tried to sleep, if you could even call it that.  I could hear his heart beat fading as his limp body fell into my arms, the pictures I could never erase until now. Today was different. Today was just the beginning of everything I needed and wanted.

  
  It was a gorgeous morning in the late summer of June 1946. I woke up stretching getting up with a light skip in my feet as I hummed a sweet tune smelling the roses in my window looking out my Paris Balcony. I waved at a neighbor and smiled as they waved back and told me to have a great morning. I knew I would have an amazing morning. I turned around and leaned my hands against the window frame, a smile creeping upon my dainty lips, as I bite my bottom lip look wildly around. I couldn’t help but let out a sigh as I leaned my small round butt against the window frame as I brought my hands up to my mid-section folding one arm across my stomach holding my side and letting my other arms elbow lean on it as I brought my small fingertips to my mouth as I slightly sucked a bit on my finger thinking of the night previous and a smile still stood as I looked down recalling it all.  

      The thought swirled my mind. I had just done my masters Dario’s dirty deed last night getting a map of the new Americas from an English sailor when I had met a man. It was what I had always wanted and needed to get the rotten thoughts of every bad thing I had ever done out and filled with something much more. The eyes of even the boy I had killed to become who I was seemed to disappear with the thought of the man I had met.  His name I couldn’t forget. It echoed in my mind as if I could sing it over and over again. His name was Lorenzo, or as his friends called him “Enzo.”
    I had just vamped out of the bar quickly to not be seen. Minutes before hand taking a map from an English commander, well more like I compelled him to give it to me and then drank his body dry not caring if I killed him. I had the plans for the new America’s which to me at that moment was all that mattered. I was making my get away when I vamped right into him. I was first frightened for I hadn’t known any other vampire’s other than Dario and his family for years.

     My thoughts came back to me as I leaned against the window frame and huffed loudly rolling my eyes. I had served Dario and his family without question of why and I was loyal without a care of why. I did it day in and day out, it was the life I had and the only life I knew. I didn’t think of exploring out of my circle or disobeying because it scared me of being alone or even killed for all the things I had done in the past. I might have been powerful even more than that of the family I served but I didn’t know life on my own. For that matter I didn’t know really was being in love was. I knew of love because of the love I had for Dario and his family, seeing them as my own, but I didn’t really know love or how to be in love for that matter. I didn’t care about love or devotion. I didn’t have any feelings of my own; for the sire bond consumed me and wanted me to do as my master had always asked never once thinking twice.  I didn’t think of love or feelings; I thought of blood and revenge. The word echoed in my heart as I squinted my eyes and walked over to the huge vanity mirror that stood adjacent from the window. I leaned down on the wood bending over hunched as I slowly brought my head up starring at the girl in from of the mirror. A clenched jaw and glaring eyes starred back at me. I knew of revenge quite well. My thoughts played back the very day I took it out on those of my own blood.

     The Night was like any other, I walked slowly in the shadows wearing a long black cape as the top of the cape covered my long blonde hair. My eyes scanned my surroundings as women were pouring out water buckets from windows above as some men came drunk out of the Pub barely walking as they hit the walls next to them singing some awful tunes clinging to the boys that would come for their fathers to bring them home for the night. Before I was ever changed, before I was ever a slave I always felt bad for my brothers taking my dad from the very same pub as he yelled and bantered about some losings he lost at the game just minutes before and how his own friends would cheat him. I couldn’t help but roll my eyes at the thought that back then I actually, I tapped my chin at the word, felt, for them. All the sort was nothing in my eyes then and even now. I walked those same streets down to my used to be home and stood there in the shadows just watching the scene before me, a sly smile crept upon my dainty lips as I bite down on my lower lip closing my eyes recalling what happened next.  I took revenge out on my own family and made myself a monster of the night under Dario‘s command. As instructed without a care or even an ounce of compassion I vamped inside, being that I was still invited in since it was my home by blood and one by one I drank each one dry until the last little lad fell from my fingertips. I saved my father and mother for last though; I chuckled as I turned from the mirror as tears were actually falling. I never thought anyone could bring anything back even the thoughts of killing my own family down to my mother and father last making them stand still compelled silent as the watched what I had done and then killing them with just one slice of my nail letting them fall to the ground as their blood flowed everywhere. I didn’t bother drinking them because I couldn’t take their disgusting selves within my own, but as the love came out of me those thoughts fought against me as I knew I was just like them in the end.

      I didn’t think anything or anyone could ever change my mind about being a monster, but that was until I met Lorenzo. Lorenzo changed my outlook that night I had met him and finally made me feel, made me feel everything I had ever done. His smooth word and demeanor gave me a hope. A hope that life and love existed in my world and that I could finally dream, not live in a world of hate and despair. Even through my passed he was able to look at me with love. He looked passed it all and gave me a chance to change. His smile, his voice everything about him was different than I had ever expected.  That night I ran into him he didn’t try to hurt me or even run from me, instead he looked at me and saw something in me that he; himself, yearned for. He assured me he wasn’t there to hurt me nor was he there for me but the fact he stayed and talked as we walked, not even thinking of the horrible scene I had just created minutes before, the map in my back pocket. All I could do was stare into his eyes and tell him about myself, how I came to be and what adventures I had been on leaving out a lot of the gruesome details of the killings or evil doings that my master Dario made me do. I did tell him about my difference than most vampires and how I was sired to Dario. I rambled for what felt like hours as we walked and came to my street where my masters mansion was settled. Lorenzo listened and talked to me as well telling me about himself, and as we came to my street he leaned me up on a wall touching my cheek as I recalled my thoughts remembering it all so clearly as I touched my cheek closing my eyes once again. I could hear his words as clear as now as he asked to keep seeing me that something about me was different and he couldn’t help but want me. His then lips touched mine as I closed my eyes. I couldn’t help but touch my lips as goosebumps climbed my arms remembering that kiss.  

    It took no time at all to be sneaking out at night to see Lorenzo as the master did his business I would have business of my own with Lorenzo. It was in no time at all that we fell in love within months which grew to years. We kept our love secret so my master Dario couldn’t forbid it and wouldn’t take me away, I even convinced him to stay in Europe that the America’s were filled with much worse for our kind than it was in Europe. Being his right hand he believed me.

    Our love blossomed into something we both only thought was in fairy tales no longer living a nightmare of my own. I grew up in my years and with the help of Dario‘s, Marco, Leandro, Elizabeth and my Lorenzo’s influence my skills grew my temper became playful and I was blossomed into a woman no longer a monster I had been before. Dario did have his suspensions that there was something more than met the eye with my transformation from hate to love but I didn’t care what anyone thought I had it all and I was on top of the world.  Soon enough Lorenzo and I had declared our love and declared to spend eternity together, little did I know my dreams would be crushed and hate would consume me darker than ever before and my once heart would be crushed to pieces bringing right back to the monster I had left behind.


Comments