Low To High- Hazels Story- A Past Life


(Writes in my journal)-

     The Year Was 1806 when everything changed. Whether it was for the good or the bad, my innocence was taken from me. My life washed away within the blink of an eye, my old life faded and a new beginning was created for me. I was born plain Hazel Anne, and died as Plain Hazel Anne. Then Reborn to Hazel Anne the Hybrid, Part witch Part Vampire Part Were Wolf,  it was a life of what some might say as eternal hell, but to me it was eternal bliss.  


     I was barely 21; I thought I had my whole life ahead of me. Yes a life of being a slave maid was all I was and probably would have stayed that way until I died of old age, but I thought, in my eyes, I had a decent life. I wasn’t dying of any disease and I had a job. A low paying job that barely got me from one day to the next, but none the less a job; or to me it was a job even if I was sold to my master, to me it felt like I was doing something and not begging for anything. I had a bed, I had enough food to last me and I did what I was told. I knew I was much more than just a slave maid because I had my gorgeous demeanor that I didn’t let anyone take from me. I was fair skinned, Blonde Hair with vibrant radiant brown hues with a tint of blue and greens  that glowed with every chance I was happy, hence My name Hazel. My lips a bright red and my cheeks flushed with a tint of pink without even an ounce of make-up. I always wore my hair in a long braid that was never out of place, and per my employers rules I was to wear a clean set of gowns every day. I was to be clean and never to look at all dirty so that even if I was a slave his on lookers would see him as a man of elegance even with his slaves surrounding him to look proper. Even as a maid men would look at me anytime I was around, but the looks would then fade as they saw what I was. A simple Maid and a maid of Dario, the Dario Augustine. He took me in because of my abilities and saw something he could use whether it was for good or evil he didn’t care what he cared about was power, but what he didn’t count on was his heart growing toward me and our bond becoming close; that was his downfall.



   I was born into a home where nothing  good came out of it, only that I was beautiful, a witch as well as a werewolf as my father put it because I had powers my father never understood and strength even as a child that I couldn’t control. He only knew of my kind because of my mother’s terrible secrets that she soon revealed and of the legends of great evil that was born into the land far and wide. Evil that wasn’t just Vampires who sucked blood from human bodies killing them, but of witches or warlocks that would cast evil spells to make things as how they want, even of werewolves’ men who on a full moon would change into an animal like no other and kill as it pleased for power and greed.


      One night at the age of 9 something had snapped within me and because a man was hurting my baby sister trying to take her for his self. I had killed him with just a break in the neck as he bent down over her pushing me a way, but somehow I got close enough to grab his head, bringing out the curse in me alive. My mother never told him I was of her ancient people that it had skipped generation to generation only a kill could bring out the transformation, I never knew of the curse so killing someone who was trying to hurt my sister never made me inch out of not helping. I was given a gift in my eyes to protect the ones I loved, but in my fathers it was an evil he couldn’t bare to have in his home. I was given the capability to be different and that because of my beauty and witch/ werewolf ways my father instead of killing me found a way for him to gain money and get rid of his daughter at the same time. I would be sacrificed by my own father and sold into slavery. My father was ashamed of who I had become and he didn’t want to get in trouble or thrown in jail for me killing someone only protecting my family, he thought I should be given up or worse dead. He said I may have his blood running through me and my mother’s gods may have given me abilities unexplained a gift in my eyes but he couldn’t look at me as his own that I was an abomination against life. Hence My Name Anne, a meaning of god has favored me, with the ability to be different and of his creation, but my last name was stricken from me and I was not to use it for the rest of my horrid life.


     I hated my father; his anger towards not knowing what I was had taken over him, his own daughter his flesh and blood. No matter if I was his favorite no matter if I was his first born he hated me and I hated him even more so now. I even hated my own mother for not sticking up for me, just because she hadn’t changed or my other members because of some dumb curse of killing someone, she still had my blood and didn’t even care, I hated her and him with a passion for selling me into slavery just for a misally ounce of alcohol and a piece of bread that probably didn’t last but a day with my large family of 10. I swore on that day I would seek revenge and make them pay not one stood up for me to help and make my parents stop selling me, but what I got out of it was much more, it wasn’t so bad being with the man they sold me into.  


     I knew I was a maid and a slave but my master treated me with respect, which I knew most of my friends or family didn’t have that pleasure or luxury. I was to do as he said. I grew from a small girl of only 9 to the beautiful 21 year old I was today. I practiced from a small age in his presence and studied all his mother’s old dark books to become a great witch, using my powers at his will to make people pay the price of his vengeance. Today was my birthday and Dario had promised me the world on my 21 birthday. He adored me as if I was his own sister or daughter. Even if I did as he asked when he asked including disposing of bodies and hurting people with my powers, because I knew he was of the Vampire hybrid kind it never scared me. He didn’t have to compel me either. I was never under a mind control with him. I did everything he wanted to make sure he was well taken care of, and in return he gave me a gift. I didn’t understand it at first in fact I hated Dario more than I hated my parents, I swore when he changed me I was going to make his life a living hell.  It wasn’t until years later that my hate for Dario grew into love and obedience and even after I broke the sire bond I still felt family to him and did as I was asked not under control but under a loyalty to him to keep him safe.


   It was late December, December 30 1806 to be exact. I was given a beautiful gown to wear with gold’s and baby blues to bring out and illuminate my eyes. Dario always loved my vibrant radiant hazel hues with tints that brought out my best; he always said I could light up a room even if it was the darkest of dark. He had his soft side when he let people in and he always let me in. He gave me a matching pearl necklace with a hair piece to bring together my look and gorgeous heels that fit perfectly and comfortably. I looked in the mirror at the young child in front of it. Even at 21 I felt I was a child. A life of a slave in front of me, and all I could do was shake that feeling off and look at myself as a beauty that could knock any man down, I felt like a queen of the night. Tonight was my night, my birthday. And tonight was a night that I would never forget to this day.

       It was all going as Dario had planned, I walked down in the big mansion he had with guests beyond the eye could see. He had many humans all of high class and so many decorations all for me. There were people dancing the waltz and slaves handing out food and drinks. There were woman and men on top of pedestal’s in different fashions some stood still as a piece of art others in cages dancing for everyone’s entertainment. Dario always went all out for his parties. Elegance and class was always his moto alongside his brothers Marco and the dirty Leandro; I loved Marco he taught me arts and classical things. I was his project he wanted to fix and make whole. I despised Leandro he always looked at me as either a meal or to use me for my beauty. He only wanted me as a toy and I never gave him the time of day, Dario made sure he didn’t touch me or else he would just dagger him all over again with a snap of his fingers. Dario was in control no matter what anyone said. Even his own sister Elizabeth was daggered already and his brother Fino. They were in the cellars collecting dust as years went by. I remembered meeting Elizabeth once as a small child and within the blink of an eye she was gone because Dario thought it best she lay dormant until he needed her for his bidding, which she never did take to lightly. These daggers were special and full of magic that was able to bring his family back at his own will.

      I was just blowing out the candles when Dario took me to the dance floor for my dance. It seemed like we had danced all night, the way I felt was magical. He took me to the outside gardens where he stated he had a gift for me. Dario had grabbed my shoulders slowly and softly looked into my eyes and stated he thought I grew into a lovely young lady and he was so proud of me and who I had become. He was proud that I stayed by his side and helped him with anything and everything he had asked without any hesitation. For this he stated he was to give me a gift of immortal bliss, he gave me a cup full of wine mixed with his blood. Not knowing what I was drinking I did as I was instructed and drank it. Within a glimpse of an eye his next move I could never forget and was so quick that I couldn’t do anything to protect myself, as I had done as a child grabbing killing the man who had hurt my sister he grabbed my neck and snapped my neck killing me instantly. I fell in Dario’s arms limp and no movement. From what I have been told Marco came running and looked at his brother in utter disgust.  His words echoed in Dario’s heart “how could you, you knew she hated what she was now she will be this way for eternity” Dario’s looked at Marco “if she drinks and decides to live” he took my body in his arms carrying my limp body inside and up the stairs to my new quarters, another surprise he had waiting for me. A new room full of glamor and things fit for a princess. He wanted me to want to live, he wanted me to be by his side as a new kind of hybrid, one who not only has the vampire abilities but also of a witch that would never hesitate to do as he commanded and a werewolf with the strength of 100 men. He ordered a slave boy to be in my room when I awoke. Dario set me down very softly on the bed and arranged myself in a manner to wake up not awful. He then sat and waited. It only took a few minutes and I gulped a breath of air waking up suddenly and straightening up as my heart raced and I looked around in horror and anger. I picked up my hands and looked at them with a different sense of feel than I ever had before. Then Dario Spoke “now darling before you react and get upset I did this for your own good.” The words struck me and my heart as I vamped up and grabbed his throat. “My own good?!?! I’m a monster “ I stated with horror and dismay “Sweetheart,” Dario states “you always were a monster I just made you more beautiful than before. You now have to choose a life where you live eternally by my side with beauty and glamour or” he chuckles softly taking his hands to his chin in a manner of appeal as he gets up and glares at me,” death. Your choice” he shrugged as he slowly walked past me and I whirled around in panic “My choice?!? How was any of this my choice? I didn’t choose to be a witch I didn’t choose to be a werewolf and I certainly didn’t choose to be now a vampire for eternally and to be your slave forever with the bond you just created.” I yelled upset and confused. Tears fell and I didn’t know whether to hate him love him or hate myself for being who and what I was. Dario turns at the door and leaned on the frame a bite of hurt in his eyes at my reaction “it’s your choice the boy is yours for the taking, that or let him live screaming to the hills of our kind getting us all killed,” angrily he turns and leaves slamming the door and I looked at the boy scared confused angry as I knew the boy was just as me in this. Was I to live sired to him for life or die on my birthday and not live at all? I had to make a choice and that choice has been both my nightmare and my bliss.

#ToBeContinued

Comments