Road To Recovery- A Vampire’s Fight Within Part Two




    Emma couldn’t believe her eyes. Being in the presence of so much blood, she couldn’t help but shake herself. Wanting it and yearning for it. She was a young teenage vampire herself, but her father always made sure she did right and stuck to having her humanity on knowing the difference between right and wrong, who to kill what to kill it was always the right way. She struggled as she tip toed elegantly like a lady over the dead, the blood seeping through her nice heels, she was annoyed now more than ever. Her own best friend the one she looked up to the one she grew up with and who always had the head on their shoulders of right and wrong. She always preached what her father was, was utterly horrid and that she would never be like him, but as she walked and tried to step over all the bodies of what looked like the entire school she couldn’t help but look at Cassidy with a different demeanor a different feeling toward her.  Her whole life Cassidy preached and was always there to help her no matter the cost. She was never into drinking and as Emma peered at Cassidy as Cassidy lite another blunt, her face cringed in disgust.

     I spoke, “What you can’t handle a little blood and a little weed, you’re such a wuss Emma. Look around you.” I waved my hands I the air and twirled as I didn’t care what or who I stepped on and I laughed a pure evil laugh. “We’ve got what we always wanted, no more stupid,” I picked up a jocks head by the hair as he lay dead over the stairwell railing as I walked towards Emma. “Jocks,” I laughed at his covered blood face and let go of his head as it flopped down hard where it lay, and I walked toward Emma more. “Making fun of us, no more” I point to the bitchy cheer captain and the squad as the lay in a corner. “Stuck up bitches making fun of who we are just because of our family name. “

     Emma listened to the words; she couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Those hateful things people said to us, yea they hurt but that didn’t mean she could just go kill them. She was better than this. Something was wrong; someone had to have helped me get here to help her, but who. Emma shook her head at the thoughts, it didn’t matter right now what mattered, even if she wanted to bitch slap Cassidy she couldn’t she had to help her. Emma thought she couldn’t do this with her humanity on, she would have died before hurting a hair on anyone even the nasty kids at school. Emma remembered the words as it was yesterday, Cassidy always said karma would one day find them, that she would let the words roll off her like a grain of salt and just finish school and move on. She had to be the better person even if they pushed and pushed she wouldn’t ever push back, but this, this wasn’t like the girl Emma knew. This was her father, this was worse than her father. Emma looked around, left and right as she turned her head as her hair moved slightly off her shoulders and back on. Each direction she turned there was blood, and bodies piled. Like it was a game of sorts to her, this wasn’t your normal everyday feeding this was a massacre of hate. Emma breathed slowly in and slowly out as she closed her eyes and reopened trying to not let the scents get to her. Emma had to be there for Cassidy not change herself just for the taste of the blood that lay before her.

   
  As Emma just stood there, I couldn’t help but have a smirk creep upon my features. I took my hand, dry blood engulfed my whole arm, and I pulled back a piece of hair from my face. I stood there now close to Emma leaning on the other side of the railing, putting on foot with my high healed boot on one stair and the other standing straight as I bent over hunched toward Emma, I let my tongue escape my plump lips going across one fang and over my lips biting down on my bottom lip as my eyes searched Emma cold. I didn’t see her as my best friend, I saw her as an enemy here to destroy all I worked hard on completing on my own. I took the charge in making it happen, the least Emma could do was thank me, instead the look on her face was priceless. The utter disgust in her eyes and the curl in her lip she always did when she hated the site of things. I couldn’t help but take my hand on the railing and feel my chin in a manner as if I was playing a game of cat and mouse trying to see what her next move would be. The thoughts of really not caring at this point were beyond my control. The voices chiming over and over again in my head that all she wanted was the power she could get over me. She wanted me back to the wimpy puny girl I was, but I wasn’t going to have it. Whatever she did whatever she said. I would fight it if it was the last thing I could do. “Like I said before, Can I help you?”

     Emma heard the words as she scrounged up her features, her blue hues now a vibrant color. She She had to make her see her ways, pick up the pieces, burn this place to the ground so she could finally move on, but first she had to get her back. By any means possible if it was the last thing she could do.was angry, angry at the fact her own best friend spoke so coldly to her. She had known Cassidy far too long to let her just throw away everything to become the thing she hated most, her
father. Cassidy breathed once more as she let her hands go from her waist down as she breathed out. Emma looked up at Cassidy, she had to choose her words wisely to get through. She knew she could either yell at her frantically and knowing that route it would probably make Cassidy either mad or laugh at her for trying. She knew that being mad wouldn’t help the situation so she decided to go the only route she knew would hit home to Cassidy. It was the only thing she could do, she had to make her feel again make her realize all she had done, and once she realized it Emma would be there by her side to pick up the pieces. Even though Emma was never the type to give comfort, she really didn’t know how and with the life she had and what she was going through that all seemed so microscopic to what Cassidy was going through. She thought she lost everything, a boy a father her grandmother; everyone she called family, but what she didn’t see plain in front of her eyes she didn’t lose everyone. She didn’t lose her.

#ToBeContinued

Comments