Chaptger 9- #KeeingBusyPartTwo- Remi's Story


#KeeingBusyPartTwo


*As I walked over with my tool box to the stage and started getting things rolling as I rolled my eyes with Daisy going on and on needed it to be fixed for the big celebration, and I don’t think she meant it to hurt me or even if she saw I was there but her attitude made me annoyed. I know I shouldn’t have been but when you step father or any loved one dies don’t make petty words about how things aren’t getting done. I wanted to slam the electrical box and set the tools down, that would show I was there listening, but with all these emotions from hate to hurt I just couldn’t let it out. I sighed as I looked in the distance I could see a few familiar faces and I walked to the side putting my hand over my eyes to block the sun. Daisy would not shut up so I cleared my throat, “excuse me for one second,” she couldn’t do much since I was the boss and just walked off, it wasn’t fair of her to act like this. I mean I know she was some big wig when it came to her singing abilities, but she had to show some respect and there just wasn’t any. I shook my head, I couldn’t understand the audacity in people, but I guess that’s show Bizz.

I was stumped, it was like I was seeing a ghost, “It couldn’t be,” I exclaimed as I took a deep breath but there she was my best friend Emersyn Jayla Thompson coming toward me with a skip in her step. “Nah I must be seeing things; What is going…” before I could finish, I put down my wrench down giving a little attitude with it and grabbed a towel to wipe off the black tar build up from the stage mechanics. I laughed as Emersyn just strolled up to me and couldn’t help but just drop the rag running up to her like it was just yesterday we saw each other and gave her the biggest hug.

Now one thing I never mentioned to anyone and only few knew, but I wasn’t keen on making friends, in fact with my bitch boss act I had going I was lucky to have the few I had. I met Emersyn in college and what I loved about her, what no one could do but her, she was the one who saw the real me. She wasn’t paid like most in my circle and she sorta stuck like glue when we met. I can’t explain it, and I was pretty much in my own world when it came to people, I mean sure I was the party girl in college and a little after before I became a mom, hence how me and Nik met, but Emersyn was one who stuck by me in my best and my worst even being the bitch I could be.

She stuck by me when I was into some very illegal dabbling, to when my son was born, and though she had her own life she always knew when it was the right time to show up, she had an amazing career and I knew she couldn’t just stay in one place, we wrote so much text called you name it we did it, and yet her she was. I rolled my eyes as I looked at Emersyn, it must have been my mom or something who hinted she needed to be here for me in this time, I feel my mom knew exactly how to get me out of this depression and one girl to make me snap out of it. She did in the past, getting me out of the drugs even drinking so much, I kinda feel like I did it to fit in or maybe to go against my father’s money paying for everyone to be around me, but she…she knew me. She knew the right buttons to push

But this time, as I stood there looking at @InkedBeautyx, something was different in me. Tears fell and I guess maybe it was because of her being there, or because of why.  

It was surreal. I grabbed Emersyn again and just closed my eyes and only could think this was a dream but as I opened my eyes I looked back behind Emersyn as I hugged her as she smiled and laughed, I broke down. I couldn’t help it. I felt Emersyn calm me as she stroked my hair telling me, “aww bae calm down girl, its okay I am here.” I closed my eyes again. IT was all because of my dad going, like why, why did it take him leaving to make this all happen.

It was like some big family reunion. I couldn’t help but just stay in Emersyn arms. I wanted to tell her about everything, about my life about my dad, but of course she knew already why else would she just show up with her career to come see little ol me.

I couldn’t help but push back from Emersyn and just hold her cheeks looking at her. I tried to fight the tears but they came faster than I could count. I shook my head as I looked down and laughed at my silliness crying and wiped the tears. I thought to myself that I tried to keep busy and not have a chance to even see anyone at the moment, it was best I kept it all in even from my many sutters, and  Emersyn would want to know each and every detail but it wasn’t the time,  now with Emersyn being here it was so much and I had to let it out to someone. And she was my best friend. A sister I always wanted but never had, and here she was. I would be able to tell her everything and how I felt and I knew she would be the one I could, and she wasn’t the type to even let out a blab.

Being that I was now a multibillion heiress my life would be in the magazines left and right, from who I was with to who I was talking to, to what I was doing, even my own son could be part of the paparazzi scheme and it wasn’t fair to him, so I knew with just keeping in to my own circle it wouldn’t be so bad, and sending my son with my mom she hated the tabloids so she would be sure to keep him under wraps, it was a life I wasn’t used to and a life

The thoughts of the past rushed over me as I hugged Emersyn again. We always promised, whether we were off on some escapade, adventure, our own careers; whatever it may be that if something happened, whether we were in a fight or just barely speaking with whatever was going on, that we would come back for each other in the time in need.  It had been years since I had seen her. And I think the last time she was even in the picture was when my son was first born and hating on Nik for his actions. I didn’t get into too much about what happened then, and I don’t even know telling her what happened now, that nik was back into his life; she wouldn’t be very happy with that, but she would at least understand.

  The last time I saw Emersyn was when I was hugging her goodbye. She had got her dream job and was off to some snazzy ass place and I could not be prouder of her.  I had still been getting over Nik and taking care of a newborn, so having a guy in my life was just not in the picture; but now…now I didn’t know who saw me in the same way as I did or what people wanted and it seemed like yesterday I was seeing her off at the airport. We stayed in touch of course through emails, Facebook, Voxer, , Skype, facetime, the works to make sure we got through even the worst of days. It seems like just last night I was writing how it was taking care of Steve’s affairs and getting me in the mix of things it was a whirlwind. So, Emersyn and I never once had a wonder of what each of us were up to. It was how we always said we would be whether close or far our friendship would never end.

I just kept the last few months under wraps because I guess I was scared, scared where my own life would lead from one path to another, and I guess that’s what life is about and the choices we had to make, but here we were standing in the grass as people around us went left to right setting up for the celebration; life just didn’t stop and why should it even in death life would go on and that’s what Steve wanted to convey.

It was hard, we were in our own lives but now after what seemed like decades, maybe not so long but still a few years, here we were just coming out of the wood work. The Ryans and Thompsons were long time best friends not just us kids. It was our own parents that built these stepping stones from scratch and helped each other. While one family didn’t have all the riches in the world the other did but both came together as one and helped each other more times than I could count it was only natural the kids, myself and Em to be friends in the end, and though we really connected in college, our family knew it was bound to happen. I didn’t realize until I hit my 20’s that Steve and Em’s dad grew up together and it was only marked in blood that we would too, it was like fate brought us together.

 It was hard to think about why Em was there, I couldn’t help but tears flood my eyes as I held Emersyn tight again. Without even trying she took the words out of my mouth, knowing how I felt, and it was okay to feel that way, but I wish she knew just how much pain I was in. No one knew, I put up a good front and I had to. I had to be strong. My outburst with the pastor and in front of my mom, I vowed I couldn’t be that person again, but I was speechless. I could hardly let two words out, for if I did I knew it would just spill out and in a way I knew but people would think I was crazy, but not Emersyn. Not my bae.

I smiled as I finally let go and wiped a few more tears away, as of course Em was asking what was really wrong, but I couldn’t fathom it all blow after blow I was going through, I was supposed to be the strong one. The one that never broke but did the breaking. I was the one who would know exactly how to do Steve’s affairs and not let anything get me down. I was the one people looked to for advice, I had my degrees, even law which Steve I think was proud of. I had my business degrees, my certificates. It was all on paper but was not on paper was all this that was really inside me.

It was all getting overwhelming. I smiled and pointed out a few things as Emersyn smiled and showed her the things I had set in place for the celebration, She asked where my mom was and my now 3 year old big man she called him, and I let her know since taking over I thought it best they go on a cruise. She smacked my arm as I laughed “ow what was that for,” “For not inviting me on that cruise, I could have used some sun and yanno,” she nudged me “Those pool boys are hot, so hello!” I couldn’t help but laugh and shake my head.

She put her arm to her stomach with her elbow bent and stopped in our tracks stomping with one foot, “ok details,” I stopped and looked puzzled, but she knew something was up more than just doing my celebrations for my father and taking care of the business, that’s not what she was stopping me for.

“why haven’t I heard if you have a new boy toy yet?” I shook my head, I mean I wasn’t all that bad looking she knew I could get any man even if I dropped a hanky they would be at my feet, but it just I don’t know, it was hard to explain to Emersyn why I hadn’t been swept up yet. I tried to clear my throat and keep going. To keep buys iso I wouldn’t dwell on the subject.

“Hey Emersyn, go inside get settled you know the room which ones yours.” I said “I have a few more things to do and I will be right in. She knew something was up but nodded and said shed be right in there, I nodded and turned wiping a tear. I needed to breathe without anyone around.

I took it in my steps to go fast toward the beach rocks, I didn’t know if I would be followed but I had to get somewhere where I could just break and scream. The Ocean was all I knew to go, so in that I got on my dad’s golf cart and took to a trail. #TBC


Comments