Part 19 - It's my Business now - Remi Ryan Story

Part 19~ It's my Business now 


*I was sick and tired being treated like a damn child. Sure I had my bumps in the road, anyone and I mean anyone in the business knew it wasn't going to be roses and sunflowers or rainbows or whatever the saying was. 

You had to have some mistakes to be able to show people you are a real person, a person who owns their shit and doesn't back down from it. I huffed as I slammed my hands on the board meeting table looking at each one before me. 

"My father did not just hand me something he didn't think I could handle, yes I'm human, yes I will make wrong decisions, hell I may even make right decisions." *I grab the magazines before me, pointing* these are bullshit and to believe such bullshit, well that says a lot about you not me. I have a personal life but that personal life should not interfere with my fucking job or this company. 

I have fought tooth *I say as I round the board members furious as they kept on and on for weeks if I could handle this and the pressures * and nail to do a damn hell of a job to keep this company afloat after my father died including the company trying to be bought from under me form men like you who think a woman can do a man's job in man's world. But with these stupid magazines on the table now coming into play are trying their hardest to bring me down but do you see me hiding? Do you see me crying or throwing in the towel? No you don't. I am fucking here. *I am back to the front of the room* and I am not going to.let tabloids, or men ruin my name over their childish manipulation trying to push me in a corner.

You all think you may know me but my father knew me better than anyone else. I have been through more than anyone of you sitting at this table and nothing or no one is going to take what we have built. My job is to keep pushing through and to keep this company as badass as my father wanted it.

*I sigh and lean forward closing my eyes* I am ready to move past whatever the fuck you all think of me and hound in on the true position at hand. We are here to make money, trading is what we are here to do and buy companies build them up where their potential is and let them free to do as we have done for them.

Get your heads out of your fucking asses and let's do the job my father has set before  us. Now if there's nothing else I can be your mockery of I suggest to start doing your damn jobs or I will find people who will.."

*I was over these stupid speeches I had to do to get these men to finally see who I was and what I was capable of, it wasn't right nor fair. I watched as the men nodded and decided to get their heads in the game, they all started voicing themselves at what business needed to be next on our agenda and I couldn't help but sit down. laying back in my chair and smile as they finally decided to do the job that they were hired to do.

That night I got home and more bullshit was at my doorstep yet again.  

“Ignorance has struck again…” I utter through gritted teeth, as I toss the stack of tabloids across my kitchen island now about my father and what he could have been doing as well before he passed. These fucking tabloids were about to get a piece of my mind just as the partners did mere hours before. 

The fact that a mere random encounter between two consenting adults and I was there even, there was nothing happening and this is where shit can be so easily misconstrued with such baseless accusations is beyond me. Authors of such tabloids did have one thing going for them. They were masters of building a mountain of sheer bullshit, and this one was a big steaming pile of it. Shaking my head, slowly as if to dispel the familiar fog rolling in, I down what’s left of my water bottle and get back to the work out at hand. 

I stood there in the kitchen. Closing my eyes as a sudden flashback of the what the magazines were speaking of, I remembered my father said he had an important meeting, I was maybe 16 and my father wanted me to accompany him to see what he did for people, and of course didn't think anything of it until now. It was their first encounter and they remember mom telling me about it and it started to flood my mind.

[Flashback]

As we walk into the new establishment father had just purchased, we both take a seat off the the farthest well lit corner where he was able to see both the incoming traffic and that of the staff coming and going, he was able to gauge the competency of what is already in place. Taking my seat next to dad I just stayed quiet, I sit accordingly for theist view available. As I look up, its as if heavens light was guiding me to someone who too was or is in an overwhelming fog. A tell tale smirk etches across my fathers features as an angelic yet tantalizing creature catches my eye from across the restaurant that I knew he was watching as well. With a subtle nod to the hostess as she passes by, my father requested a bottle of the houses best red wine be sent to her table with a message. The hostess simply nodded with a smile, as she turned on her heels to fulfill my request.

“Sir, I can not accept such an expensive bottle.” She replies as she approaches my fathers table bottle in hand. My fathers hands steeple before him on the beautifully set up table, as I cast a smile her way. 

“You should be able to accept it, regardless of price. That doesn’t matter here, nor does it matter to me. It’s simply a kind gesture from myself to you. Wine is a gift to be shared, and as such, I am sharing this gift with you.” a simple yet firm statement gave way to a small sample of reason. My father always held the notion that alcohol in its many forms, whether it be beer, spirits or wine, had more to offer ones self then a mere buzz or an overly inebriated evening. It opens your senses to a broader world that few people get to experience, unless guided there by a professional or expert. 

I however may not be an expert, but I was no novice either. I appreciate the finer qualities in many things, art, music, food, alcohol and... yes you’ve guessed it... my father knew women. Like many others have my proclivities, a tendency or predisposition to certain things, people or places and activities. It just so happened that this restaurant, the wine, this atmosphere and most notable this woman peaked my interest. If ambience were but a mere sound or collection there of, an angelic choir would be singing their hymns of praise. 

“Please have a seat and join me, if you will not accept the bottle as a gift. I am, Steve Ryan and this is my daughter Remi, we just bought your restaurant and it would be foolish not to talk the love you have for it. " my father knew the woman was the owner because he studied every business he bought. He knew them like the back of his hand. All it was was a gesture of being thankful nothing more or less. 


[End of flashback]


That simple phrase in and of itself, gave way to more encounters in purchasing the business establishment it was before my father passed and he had met with some woman. Now his name was all over the magazines portraying me "like father like daughter," All it was was a business meeting nothing more or less, my mother even knew about it. Nothing like what the gossip columnists made it out to be, far from it. My proclivities weren’t a lost notion to the world, nor was I. I was known for many things, some not so savory to say the least. 

This business was going to be the death of me but I was over all the terror these tabloids had over me me. I was done running. Grabbing my cell, I punch out a message for one of my personal assistants and hired hand. 

“Put what we discussed together, leave nothing out and deliver it.” I had already had a set of papers run up to put the tabloids in their place. I was done being made a fool both in my life and my company. I was done and my company would not be on its tip toes. I was ready to give hell. It was my company now and I was sick of everyone trying to take me down with it. 


#ToBeContinued



Comments